- This event has passed.
SE/SC Region Convocation: Pastoral Care Giving & Receiving
November 18 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
SE and SC Region Convocation: Pastoral Care Giving and Receiving
Saturday, November 18 · 8am – 12:30pm EST
We are all called to be pastors to & with one another. Come explore some ways we are doing this, and ways we might grow in this ministry
Christ Episcopal Church
11 Park Street Guilford, CT 06437
REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Register Here.
Come discover and grow in ways you are engaging in this ministry of love — and ways you might be called to offer God’s love to others!
8:00a.m.: Registration and Light breakfast food
8:45a.m.: Opening notes on Holy Listening from Lilian Revel, Lay Associate for Pastoral Care at Trinity on the Green, New Haven
9:30 a.m. & 10:30a.m.: Time to attend two of the following workshops:
- How do you function pastorally in a parish without clergy in place? Led by Joseph Carroll of St. Luke’s, New Haven, and Mary Bawza of St. James’, Preston.
- Grief: What to say and what not to say. Led by The Rev. Angela Rowley , Priest Associate of St. Peter’s Milford.
- Offering prayers for healing Led by The Rev. Ron Steed, Deacon at St. Andrew’s, Madison, and Joanne Halstead, Church of the Holy Spirit, West Haven
- Eucharistic Visitor Training Led by The Rev. Pat Jackson and the Rev. Liz Knauff, Deacons
- Palliative and Hospice Care: Expressive arts as an alternative to words. Led by Dan Taylor-Stypa, St. John’s, Essex.
11:30a.m. Closing worship